Friday, April 21, 2017

student jury show

For the Student Juried Exhibition I was on the instillation/deinstillation committee.  I hung two-dimensional work, arranged sculptural work and patched holes in the wall. I worked April 3, 4, and 5 for a total of 9 hours. I also helped write the acceptance and rejection letters.
This was the first time I've hung a show and felt like I did a good job. This was not an easy task, I was not given very good instruction on how to actually hang work and had to teach myself.  In total I hung 16 artworks.  Through this experience I learned how to install an exhibition and how to problem solve if a problem came up. I don't think I would do anything differently. I felt like I did a good job.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Zach. Thanks for all of your hard work getting the exhibition hung. Thanks too for leaving complete notes for your peers, and helping them out.

    ReplyDelete